We would like to give a special thanks to the Glasscock Family Foundation for their generous support! This 160 mile Ride Across Indiana is to raise awareness for the seriously ill, as well as to remember those that we have lost that have been in the Eskenazi Health Palliative Care Program. We are looking to raise 50,000 dollars by July 11. Through interactions with our patients, we have identified three important areas that will benefit our patients:
– No One Dies Alone – (NODA) – This is a program that we have implemented for our patients who’s loved ones are not close by. Through volunteers, we hope to provide companionship and vigils for our dying patients. We believe that each life is important and we want to make sure that our patients, who would otherwise leave this world alone, feel that someone, indeed, cares.
– Bereavement Program – For those patients who are fortunate to have loved ones close by, we would like them to know that their families and friends will be comforted when they are gone. Our Palliative Care team recognizes that grief has physical, social, and behavioral dimensions that often require professional attention. In order for us to provide comprehensive palliative care for our city’s less fortunate, we need to enhance our existing bereavement services.
– Memorial Services – These services are held in memory of our departed patients. They offer our patients’ families and our Eskenazi Health community the opportunity to remember, reflect, and honor our patients.
All money raised will go towards funding each of these areas. I am hoping that you and your colleagues can help us reach our goal.
Donations can be made by:
· Check sent to the Eskenazi Health Foundation, Attention: Palliative Care Program #258, 720 Eskenazi Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
· Online at Eskenazi Health Palliative Care Program http://eskenazihealthfoundation.org/. In the upper right hand corner of the header, click Donate, which will pull up the Registration screen. After you register, click continue to make a donation. You can reference the account with either Eskenazi Health Palliative Care Program account #258.
What would you want out of your healthcare team if you were faced with a serious illness? I would want doctors, nurses, and others who I can trust to provide the highest quality of care that takes into account my personal values and concerns. At Eskenazi Health, I trust my primary care and subspecialty colleagues […]
Frequently people ask me why I chose to focus on palliative medicine for a career choice. I guess it can seem odd that someone would choose to spend much of their time with patients and families who are managing the physical and emotional challenges of either new or mounting medical problems that don’t often result […]